Saline FC Approach to Player Development
From a coaching stand point, long-term player development is the first priority of the Saline FC program. For the Club, the Teams and its Players to achieve their long term goals, we have set forth a standard of values for our program that all participants are expected to subscribe to. Failure to follow and respect these commitments may result in a parent or player being suspended from the program and/or a full dismissal from the program.
What Saline FC expects of its Players…..
- A personal commitment to become the very best soccer player you can be, given your ability. This commitment includes giving your best efforts in all team events such as training sessions, games and tournaments.
- A personal commitment to demonstrate good sportsmanship on and off the playing field and to represent the program with high integrity.
- A personal commitment to achieve academic success in the classroom to the best of your abilities.
- A personal commitment to give back to your community and to support the Club in its efforts to do the same.
- A personal commitment to represent yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- A personal commitment to not use profane or vulgar language on or off the field.
- A personal commitment to treat all players in the Saline FC program and all members of the coaching staff with respect.
- A personal commitment to respect and honor my coaches instructions at all times.
What you can expect as a member of Saline FC….
- An opportunity to participate in a professional, educational soccer environment.
- A commitment to provide the best opportunities for our players to advance to the next level (Olympic Development Program, Regional competition, National competition and Collegiate competition).
- Consistent, organized, and purposeful instruction and training by Saline FC coaches during the course of the season.
- A commitment from all coaches to communicate with all players and parents in a professional, honest and respectful manner at all times.
What Saline FC expects of its Parents ……
- Support the Club and the Team to achieve its long-term goals.
- Encourage and promote good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Communicate in an open, respectful and productive manner with the Club and its coaching staff.
- Only discuss your child with the coach (never another player) before or after a training session or another time mutually agreed upon with the coach, but never prior to, during or after a game.
- Comply will all rules, policies and procedures of the Club and Team as they apply to me.
- Never act in any way which is detrimental to the Club or Team
- Never make any negative comments about a player, including your own.
- Never coach players from the sidelines during a game, including your own.
- Never speak to any officials before, during or after a game.